Friday, July 17, 2009

surprise guests

Here's how it went down. I was cleaning up our new and fabulous kitchen for the evening. We had made cookies this afternoon to take to our neighbors but had decided against it because they were a little too crumbly, not to let good chocolate go to waste I stuck them in the freezer for safe keeping. Ben was sitting on at the desk working on the Internet next to me. I opened the drawer below the oven where I keep my cookie sheets. (I can not tell you how wonderful it is to have a space for the cookie sheets that isn't inside the oven). Here is what he says I said:
(with sweet surprise)
"oh, mice"
(beat)
(with horror)
"MICE!!, BEN WE HAVE MICE!!"
(jump on top of counter continue shouting)
"MICE, AHHH MICE! WHAT DO WE DO? WHAT DO WE DO?"
(with realization and despair)
"email the landlord and throw away the cookies"
the end.

1 comments:

Katie said...

EEEEEEK! =)

I guess that's the price you pay to live around all those beautiful trees.