Tuesday, October 28, 2008
Monday, October 27, 2008
. . . . . . . . .
A lot of people have been wondering why it's such a big deal; why it concerns them. If Prop 8 does not pass, here are some of the things that will happen:
1. Public school teachers will have to teach that same-sex marriage is normal & acceptable. Parents will not have the option to opt-out their children from this discussion.
2. Religious adoption agencies who do not allow
same-sex parents to adopt will be closed down.
3. There will be conflict between religion & free speech - churches who do not accept this behavior will be in danger of lawsuits for discrimination. Possibly even being required to allow same-sex marriages & providing same-sex married housing in private universities.
4. Marriage will become completely redefined & acceptance of same-sex marriage will be demanded. Over time, it will affect society as a whole negatively.
It's obvious that Satan is hard at work to destroy the family & tear apart what is most sacred to us - the divine institution of marriage & all the blessings it brings.
We can still have tolerance & love for others without lowering our standards of what is right & acceptable in the Lord's eyes. This Proposition will not hurt anyone or deny them rights - it simply protects marriage as between a man & a woman. "
. . . . . . . . .Ben especally has been working very hard to do everything we can to help get this passed. I am really excited to accept the call of our prophet and to serve him and the lord. There aren't many times in our life when the church asks us to get up and really do something hard in our lives and I know that without question if this wasn't a big deal the first presidency wouldn't be asking us to do so much. On November 4th I will be voting Yes on Proposition 8 and I encourage you all to as well.
Saturday, October 25, 2008
I received this bundle of joys in the mail today from my friend Lizzy and I was so happy! We are playing "pay it forward" with blogs which I think is so cool. The theme she sent was "Good Stuff", and were all things I hadn't really tried before, the Hot Tamales were surprisingly settling on my still getting over sick stomach (hence no blogging).
It included Good things to eat, Things that feel good, and one thing that was good for the environment
Pistachio Instant Pudding (childhood classic)
Goya Maria Cookies (Ben used to eat them on his mission)
A reusable grocery bag
Pretty Cherry stationary
Pomegranate Mud mask (so doing that tomorrow)
Now I get to pay it forward to 3 other people. Sign up for My Pay It Forward, and you get a present from...you got it, ME! So here are the rules:
1. You must have a blog to participate in Pay It Forward.
2. You must pay it forward to 3 other people. It can be something you have made or bought. ( I'm doing "my favorite things" as a theme)
3. Enter by making a comment about yourself. Something interesting. I will pick my 3 favorite people from the ones that sign up. Just kidding, I will pick randomly. Out of a hat perhaps.
4. I don't have a deadline yet. I am going to wait and see how it goes.
(P.S. I totally stole the wording from Annie, who can write much cooler than I)
Monday, October 13, 2008
Tuesday, October 7, 2008
Thank you Ikea and Costco
I realize that I need to be better about taking pictures with actual people in them. But it was dark, and I am just not pro enough with my camera to make anything look good. Maybe next time.
Monday, October 6, 2008
This is how we kept Jocelyn entertained and quiet during the first session of conference Sunday morning.She had a good time
Thursday, October 2, 2008
Here are some pictures from our wedding to prove it.
It was a good day
Wednesday, October 1, 2008
PS Jocelyn's super cute friend Eliza out for a very stylish bike ride